Amelia Island is one of the best places in Florida if you’re in the market for a stunning oceanfront or ocean view home. There’s an incredible selection of properties in the area, ranging from lovely oceanfront condos to stunning beachfront homes and almost everything in between.
Amelia Island combines laidback beach living with southern charm, offering residents a relaxing Florida lifestyle unlike any other. Whether you choose to be surrounded by pristine sand dunes, soaring windswept oaks, or breathtaking views of the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean, the homes in the area are sure to give you your very own slice of paradise.
Buying an oceanfront home
The process and experience of buying an oceanfront home can be very different compared to when you’re buying a conventional home. You’ll need to take into account many special considerations in order for you to find a home that will fit your lifestyle perfectly.
Below are a few helpful tips and things to consider when looking for an oceanfront property:
- Look for an agent who specializes in oceanfront properties – Not all agents are equipped with knowledge or experience when it comes to oceanfront properties. An agent who specializes in oceanfront properties will be able to guide you through the process, and is your key to landing a good deal.
- Consider your reasons for buying an oceanfront home – A home located by the ocean is sold at a premium price point. If you’re not going to take advantage of all of the benefits you get from an oceanfront lifestyle, there’s really no point in spending more for an oceanfront home. On the other hand, if you see yourself spending a lot of time on the water or inviting friends and family frequently so they can enjoy breathtaking views of the ocean, then the higher price will be completely worth it.
- Keep in mind that you’ll be buying more than just a “physical” property – When you’re purchasing an oceanfront home, you’re paying for more than just an actual house. You’re also paying for the picturesque views, the privacy, the convenient access to the beach, and other things. While you can’t really place a price tag on these features, it’ll help to keep in mind that you’re also paying for these in addition to the actual home.
- Make sure the structure is able to withstand harsh weather – Oceanfront homes are exposed to more potential damage due to elements compared to traditional homes. As such, they should be equipped with additional features such as storm shutters, hurricane proof windows, and stainless steel locks, which can help it withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Talk to other residents – The best source of insider information is from residents who are already living in the area. Try to get in touch with your potential neighbors and ask if they enjoy living in the area, if there are any things you need to look out for regarding the property, or if they’ve experienced any waterfront-related issues with their own home.
If you need help looking for the perfect oceanfront home in Amelia Island, get in touch with Claudia Watts by calling 904-556-4000, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.